<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6566882203782876184?origin\x3dhttp://spikedog123-archives.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, 15 August 2012 @12:31
Four-hundred-twenty-second Post

hi guys~

i've been verie @@ latelie......
i mean, i had my Basic Translation lecture yesterday... and it was sooooo damnnn ?_? ???????
i don't know if i should drop it or not...... LOL.

and as for my Korean lecture...... because I used some grammar probablie taught in Korean 3, she said she wanted to see me after class...... :(
already, I can't take Thai 1...... because I can apparentlie write in phonetic symbols easily, translate phonetic symbols to the Thai script and also know the writing and pronunciation rules...... at least much more proficient than people in Thai 1.
some of my friends said i shouldn't have integrity when it comes to nus...... like i shouldn't have taken the placement test so that i could take Thai 1 and own people......
surelie the school isn't that toxic!
and surelie being true to myself is honorable yet unfoolish...

perhaps this is what is meant by trusting in Him.
.....................................................................................

Anyway, I shall share about myself in relation to what I am generally doing now...

I'm an official student of the National University of Singapore ^_^ also known as NUS with each letter pronounced separately.
or at least I think I am... LOL

So far, the modules I have been allocated are Inorganic Chemistry 1 (coded as CM1111), Physical Chemistry 1 (CM1131), Basic Applied Mathematics for Sciences (MA1421), Korean 2 (LAK2201), Basic Translation (CL2280) and Language and the Preservation of Culture (GEK1058).

In essence, the chemistry modules and the maths module are my core modules which I am forced to take. The other three were chosen by me happily without a clue of what to expect ^_^

Basic Translation is a Chinese Language module...... because I haven't been speaking Mandarin, I am being like a piece of 大便. The worse part is that I think there are MANY Chinese students taking that module too...... and since the grading goes by the BELL CURVE, I.E. STANDARDISATION, I am going to BITE THE DUST.


a.k.a. 死定了.


Also, I have taken a look at the workbin of the GEK module...... oh my goodness. As an anti-humanities student, I am so discouraged by the number of readings I have to look at......

God, please give me the joy of studying!

As for Korean, I took the placement test and I was allocated Korean 2 (i.e. level 2) but the lecturer on Monday asked why I did not go to Korean 3......
Is it a good thing? I don't know. That would mean I may be missing stuff taught in the lower levels like the origin of Hangul...... my goodness.
Similarly, I took the Thai placement test and PROBABLY should belong to Thai 2, but the Thai 2 lecture clashes with my Korean tutorial...... yet, I can't take Thai 1 because I, as I have previously mentioned, am too pro...ficient than the Thai 1 students.

Suckssssssssssssssssssss. If the following scenario could happen, things might be better: be allocated Korean 3 instead so that there's no Korean 2 tutorial to clash with the Thai 2 lecture, which would mean I can take Korean 3 and Thai 2 (and probably drop the translation module LOL) :D!!!
Because I think I might have the proficiency of a Korean 2 student already...
I looked at the syllabus and the grammar that will be taught. I could even see the Korean words in hanja: 과거형 过去形 which means past tense......
Suppose I am not promoted, does that make me one of those pesky people who intentionally exploit the lower-level modules to get good grades?

Suppose the lecture decides to sentence me to drop the module, WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN TO ME HUH? May I be able to achieve the scenario I have hoped with no penalties and minimal administrative trouble, or will everything just crash to the ground and burn?

You see my predicament......

Okay lah. I believe the good Lord will not forsake me......

I hope, too, that my hall life would be fruitful ^_^ wish me all the best!

Samuel

Labels:







THINGS TO NOTE

This blog contains many secrets
which you can uncover
if you look hard enough x)

Please scroll down to disable any music!

Best viewed in Internet Explorer
or in black and white. hehe


spikedog123

Samuel Tan Yuan Han
4th January 1993

spikedog123@hotmail.com

Loves <33

eating liquorice
eating sashimi
eating ice-cream
nice, handsome and smart people ^^
LINE


Wishes

Earn $1000 in 2012 (27 Mar 13)
Have five tutees LOL (10 Aug 14)
Pick up a new language (25 Nov 12)
Dye mah hair ^^ (?? Feb 12)
Find a girlfriend
Have 20/20 vision
Fix my teeth (03 Nov 16)

Tagbox

Leave a message ^^





Milestones

Have a haircut (04 Mar 2015)
Have a haircut (23 Jun 2015)
Have a haircut (31 Oct 2015)
Have a haircut (30 Dec 2015)
Have a haircut (04 Feb 2016)
Have a haircut (10 May 2016)
Have a haircut (13 Jul 2016)
Have my hair dyed (14 Jul 2016)
Have a haircut (21 Oct 2016)
Have a haircut (09 Mar 2017)

Credits.

Pls do not remove this section.

Designer: bw0kensmile-x
Image Hosting: photobucket.com
Image Hosting: imageshack.us
Image source: deviatart
Tagboard: cbox.ws.com
Music: baidu.com
Cursor: dorischu